2023 recap

 Closing another chapter

If I could name this chapter, I would probably name it : Growth and Identity

If there was one takeaway of this year, I think I would say that I able to find an identity.

I was able to grow from a teenager into an actual girl. 


"Who are you?"


Few months ago, I was only able to answer the question with : A Muslim student.


But I've tried hard to build my own identity. 

I've tried hard to grow.

2023 was definitely a beautiful journey.


Because now, I am able to answer : A granddaughter of ******, a daughter of ********, a sister of 4 brothers, a housemate, a hamlatul Quran who is practicing Islam and studies at UofT.


I know, I have missed out on some identities that were supposed to have been engraved in my life, but knowing that I have not acted on those responsibilities yet, I don't think I can write that, for now. 

But later, in the new chapter, I will try to grow into those identities. At least, that is my goal.

May Allah guide us <3

Alhamdulillah for 2023.

Bismillah for 2024.

Comments

Popular Posts